Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby C Album Title Page

This page took me some time. First of all, I did the calendar for March and November using "inque: Clear Your Calendar" clear stamps and Delta Dye Based Orange Ink. It took a lot of time of matching things up. I was lucky that March and November this year are exactly the same except for the number of days in the month. It meant that I could get everything lined up for one month and then just stamp the other month too. You can see that when I started, I had some excess ink that I had to deal with. I decided to not redo it as it added some "flavor" to November. I got better at not stamping the excess as I went.

The next thing I did were the title letters. I knew that I wanted three layers of color (pink patterned paper-don't know name, brown, and textured white) to help the letters pop more against the patterned background. I wanted to save paper so I didn't print the letters directly onto the patterned paper but instead printed them on scratch. That meant that I had to cut them out and then use them as stencils. I was tired of cutting letters by the end but I think the title turned out really cute!

Here is the complete page:

The stickers all come from the Ellen Krans: Labor of Love pack. The heart brads are Creative Impressions Pewter Embellishments. The patterned papers were in a big pack of papers but I'd pulled them all out and separated them by colors so I don't have the name of that pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment